In today’s review we will talk how to choose and what you need to know when you buying a dishwasher.
How to choose a dishwasher: buying guide
To make right choice, first of all we should decide, why do we need it and whether it is really necessary. There are few reasons that can motivate you to purchase the technique:
- Saving personal time;
- Ware washing is done at any time, even when you are away from home;
- It does not require the presence of hot water;
- Significant savings – the water consumption with the use of the dishwasher is reduced by 3, 5 or even more, in comparison with manual dishwashing;
- The ability to use strong detergents that are not applicable when the dishes are washed with hands;
- Rinsing is carried out at a high temperature, which allows cleaning the surface of tableware detergents.
At the same time it is worth mentioning and cons, which may well be important for you:
- Price of dishwasher. Each owner of the device will confirm that the purchase is worth it, but it’s up to you.
- It occupies the space. You need to think in advance about where to place unit, and in addition, with free access to the door of the loading / unloading of dishes.
- Power of dishwasher. This device is one of the most powerful among household appliances. Apartment or house must have a reliable wiring. Usually the unit has sensor which determine the number of utensils and even pollution. The device determines the need for water and energy. When connected to an external hot water source, it is possible to significantly save energy.
- The appliance doesn’t wash dishes of some materials. These include metal (tin, aluminum, copper), plastic dishes and wood.
- Detergents for the dishwasher. Now you need to use chemical to wash dishes.
Consider the size of the dishwasher
First of all, determine with sizes. It will be recipe of success.
- Standard size dishwasher can accommodate from 10 to 13 place settings. It fits a family of 4-5 people. Such devices typically have multiple modes and functions.
- Narrow type of dishwashers is designed for smaller sets of 8-10. This kind of dishwasher should choose owners with small kitchen. Typically the unit saves 10 to 15% of the budget;
- There are compact dishwashers that can accommodate up to 8 place settings. They are suitable for villas, as well as for small kitchens. Installed in a wall cabinet or on the table. However, before choosing this type of dishwasher you should be aware that it is endowed with the most minimal functionality, but also the budget option. Suitable for families up to 3 people. Wash the pan is impossible in such a device.
The types of dishwashers
According to the type there are two types of devices:
Which one to choose? It all depends on the capabilities of the kitchen space and your preferences regarding the interior design. In any case we recommend getting to know with those and other models.
Economic or powerful dishwasher?
Manufacturers offer us seven classes of energy consumption, which are usually presented in Latin letters from A to G. Class A is the most economical, and G – is the most powerful and energy-consuming devices. Usually dishwashers “D” – “G” are old models or professional devices.
- “A” – 0.8-1.05 kWh / cycle;
- “B” – 1.06-1.09 kWh / cycle;
- “C” – 2-2.99 kWh / cycle.
Functionality of dishwashers
Another important and at the same time an interesting question it’s functionality of appliance. You can read detail about it. Standard functions:
- Pre wash;
- Washing with hot water and detergent;
- Rinse the detergent;
- Hot air drying glassware.
More expensive models are equipped with several program-modes which are greatly increase the possibility:
- Intensive high-temperature mode up to 75 ° C;
- Delicate glassware mode 30-40 ° C;
- Quick wash.
Average water consumption about 14-17 liters of water per wash cycle. Also, some models can be fitted with such features:
- Filtration system and self-cleaning,
- Crusher for waste
- Protection of children,
- Delaying the start,
- Regulation of the height of the upper basket, Aqua Stop,
- Partial load mode.
Dishwasher is connected to the water supply and sewerage by special hoses. It is better if the distance to the sewerage system does not exceed 1.5 m.
What to consider when purchase a dishwasher
By making a purchase make sure the chosen unit has a full set of built-in equipment. Standard installation kit includes:
- The front door (open);
- Lower basket;
- Upper basket;
- Drying system;
- Dishwasher dispenser;
- Basket for cutlery;
- Pressure pump;
The best choice would be German technology, followed by Italy and Slovenia. Also you can find some models of the Turkish and Chinese manufacturers.
A few tips to prolong the service life of the dishwasher: Clean the filter from time to time, sometimes wash basket for utensils, use special means care, wipe the surface.