One of the important appliances in the kitchen is an electric tea kettle. In addition to the practical purpose it’s also a kind of interior decoration. Let’s talk about the types of kettles and try to pick up the right device to your home.
Nowadays plastic kettles are most popular considering price and availability on the market. Such kettle has a light weight, low cost, and bright coloring which can decorate any kitchen. But concerning environmental safety there are some contradictions. As you know, plastic reacts with water. Thus, it’s very important do not stumble on a fake. Otherwise, using device made from cheap plastic, you constantly will feel taste of plastic. The best option is to purchase the kettle made from white plastic, as it is more secure than varicoloured. Plastic kettle is an inexpensive option with a short service life.
- Electric kettles should have a quality certificate. Do not hesitate to ask the seller to show this document;
- As was mentioned above, give preference to white color of plastic. Considered that chemical smell more inherent patterns of colored plastic;
- Do not use plastic kettle too long. Specialists are recommended to replace plastic kettle each 2-3 years. The reason is the plastic will release hazardous substances.
Glass model boasts of the environmental performance. Only in a glass kettle preserves the natural taste of the water. Glass does not exclude elegance and style, but the dirty glass will spoil the look, so it should be proper care for the device. In addition, you need to be careful with the such technique as the glass heats up, or may crack.
- Glass kettle is very breakable, it may easily crack if the quality of glass isn’t high. So you have to be careful when cleaning or transporting them.
Metal kettle or stainless steel kettle have similar characteristics. However it’s necessary to highlight a special strength and durability of these materials. Metal kettle fastest heats the water, but as well water fast cools down. Such device will be well in harmony with the kitchen in style Hi-Tech, but requires special attention in the presence of children in the house.
- The kettle’s handle must have rubber or plastic laying , so you can comfortably hold the kettle in hand and not get burned;
- If there is a combination of metal and plastic the joints of both materials can leak with time.
Ceramic one is usually made of high-quality, beautiful and durable material. Pottery can be combined with almost any style of your home and will always call the attention of the guests. Ceramic device heats up quite slow as it has thick walls, but as well it slow cools down. Such device is quite heavy and cumbersome, but excellent for the true connoisseurs of tea ceremonies.
- Ceramic kettle is very fragile;
- Ceramic kettle has not big size, but big weight;
- Thick ceramic walls don’t allow to heat up water very fast, but it allows to keep warm much longer than other materials.
Thus, each type of electric tea kettle has pros and cons, so it’s difficult to understand what is the best electric kettle material. But anyway, to ensure that chosen device will have long service life, you should give preference to proven manufacturers and enjoy tea ceremony.